Saturday, July 23, 2011

Dining Table - Part Three - Braces and Primer Undercoat on

At the end of the week I had the corner and middle braces cut with pocket holes drilled for each of them.

Photobucket

and now attached to rest of frame ready for painting

Photobucket

Whenever I have to paint I now try to spray on my painting finishes when possible, this is because it gives it a shop like consistent look. I use an air compressor and spray gun, the air compressor was purchased from Super Cheap Autos and the Spray Gun from Bunnings. Yes that is a garden hose reel I adapted to store the air hose, those things are unweildly when you don't roll them up.

Photobucket
Photobucket

So after a couple of coats of Primer here is the frame of the table, a light sanding with 240 grit sandpaper between coats makes the difference between a good paint job and a fantastic smooth one.

Photobucket

Hopefully tomorrow can start with painting the topcoat.

Until next time .... Happy Building

No comments:

Post a Comment