Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dining Table - Part Six - All Finished

Well it has been sometime since my last blog post. Life got so busy but the Dining table is finished and proudly sitting in our meals area.

Here is my inspiration, with the exception I wanted a dark tabletop. This table was $2,199.00 in a local retail shop, I just couldnt see how I was going to get that one past hubby.



We left off where I had filling the pocket holes in the tabletop using dowelling I had cut. This worked really well and saved me quite a bit in time to source pocket hole plugs.
After staining the top in “Modular Expresso” and finishing with Minwax wipe on poly in Satin, I attached the top to the frame using little L brackets.



All finished and in place with my new chairs, its looks great just how I wanted it. Now I need to do something with those dark slate floors.... that’s another project for another time J

Until next time..... Happy Building

1 comment:

  1. Love the table. very impressed with your handy-woman skills! I'm also another aussie looking into ann white's plans. I'm having trouble figure out wood to use and whether or not it's going to be worth the investment in the kreg. Would love any tips you can throw my way.

    Mel@allwrappedup

    ReplyDelete