Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dining Table - Part Four - The tabletop

After drilling approximately 120 pocket holes I joined the table top together once I had planed the side of the planks flat. Clamped together by heavy Sash clamps I was able glue and easily drive the pocket hole screws in.

Here is the first picture, the guy at Bunnings didn't listen correctly when I gave the directions on how long to cut the lengths so I ended up with lengths longer than the other fortunately the shortest length was plenty to cover the length of the top.

Photobucket

Here is a closer picture of all the pocket holes

Photobucket

And once I removed the clamps and trimmed down the ends to the correct length, its looking good.

Photobucket

The other problem with the wood was it was terrible to work with, very uneven and bowed. But I have a plan which will flatten that table top without me spending days trying to sand it. All will be revealed soon.

Until next time.... Happy Building

No comments:

Post a Comment